Even More Google...
Setting Up Linked GMail Accounts for Students
Click here to view Alec Couros' screencast with step-by-step instructions on how to create
sub email accounts for students. Why would you need to (or prefer to) do that?
Click on the Download File link below to view and/or print the GMail in the Classroom "Crib Sheet"
Have trouble keeping up with the sites you visit?
Read them in one place with Google Reader, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as
checking your email.
Click on the Download File link below to view and/or print the Google Reader in the Classroom "Crib Sheet "
Search Stories Lesson Plan Idea from Miguel Guhlin
- Go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/SearchStories
- Have students think of 7 search phrases (not URL addresses) that tell something about their life
- Step 2 can happen before Step 1 if you want to provide more guidance
- Pick a song, upload, share the link with the class.
- If YouTube is banned, ask students to download their file's MP4 (use zamzar.com/url) and email it to you
Link to Miguel's post: http://www.mguhlin.org/2010/07/google-search-stories.html
URL to YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMIHCJiP2jM&hl=en_GB&fs=1